Monday, December 21, 2009

Heirlooms

When I realized that time is growing short, I began to distribute things to the people whom I thought should have certain items. I don’t want to leave that job to Michael.

Last Christmas, I began to give family heirlooms to my wonderful niece. Beautiful handmade clothes from Hong Kong and several furs from my mom and aunt were passed down through me.

This Thanksgiving, she took three large bags of framed photos of our family going back four generations. Some other family things were also packed into her little car.

I felt a great sense of relief, know that they will be taken care of and that she gets it. She knows the value of the items in terms of family history and will pass them along through her children.

They are in good hands.

Next: Weighty Issues

No comments: