Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weighty Issues

My weight has always been an issue. After William was born, I was the thinnest I had been in years. I loved the feeling but was eating the Beverly Hills Diet way: pineapple all day then potatoes all day then chicken all day then….It was not healthy. I lost most of my hair. The weight returned.

I weighed 129 pounds from 1987 to 1990. Then some really bad family stuff happened and the weight went back on very quickly.

I have been around the weight I am right now for many years.

Confession: I am a foodie. I love to cook. We love to go and try new and outrageous restaurants. I even read food blogs.

I simply need to lose 20 pounds to get under the BMI to begin the qualifying process for lung transplants. I am scared to lose 20 pounds to get under the BMI to begin the qualifying process for lung transplants.

I need to get over it.

As the year ends, I need to develop a plan to make it happen. I will keep you informed of my progress.

Next: Luncheon

No comments: