Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Disabled - 5 Years
























Five years ago today I had the lung biopsy, which changed everything in my life. I can’t believe it has been five years. I wasn’t supposed to live this long.
Here I am. Still standing.
It is also my brother’s birthday. When he found out I was going to have the biopsy on his birthday, he told me that I had better recover from it or it would ruin his birthdays for the rest of his life.
He really is a great brother.
I am going to go by the church where Michael and I met and say a little prayer of thanks today.
Next: Cars

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm thankful that we've become closer over the last five years :) You have amazing resilience and I've learned a lot about living from you!

Anonymous said...

The same is true of you. You are an amazing parent and I just don't know how you can keep all the balls in the air. You will look back at these times and wonder the same thing one day.