Friday, January 15, 2010

Night Terrors


For a couple years after my diagnosis, I would awaken in the middle of the night and my mind would not settle. I would begin to worry and would not be able to go back to sleep.

In the early morning hours, my future appeared so horribly bleak. I would begin to almost panic. How were we going to survive it all financially and emotionally?

The only thing that worked was to go into the family room and turn the TV to something very boring, which would put me to sleep on the couch.

When we traveled in 2007, I found that if we kept the TV on, I would awaken then drift right back to sleep. Since then, we sleep with the TV on. It keeps my night terrors at bay.

We have also discovered Melatonin. It is good for the brain, has no side effects and sleep comes gently. Michael even uses it on occasion, too. It has been a wonderful find.

Next: Too Private

No comments: