Sunday, January 24, 2010

In Context

Now you, dear reader, may understand why my parents were very worried about me marrying into Michael’s family. I, too, saw some issues and wanted to be sure we had an understanding.

Before we told everyone we were going to marry, I said this to Michael:

“I have two things that I want you to hear before we get married:

1. If you ever hit me, make sure it is a really good shot because you will never be given another opportunity. I will not return to you no matter how sorry you are. Once, and I am gone.

2. If you ever have an affair with another woman, make sure it is worth losing me. There will be no second chances.”

He looked at me in shock and said, “I am taking vows to you. I would never hurt you.”

And he never has.

With his family history, I just needed to say it up front.

Next: Into the Void

No comments: