Monday, January 11, 2010

Self-Assessment










Welcome to my 100th blog. Unbelievable. This from a woman who started a diary every year as a teenager but never got past day three! Thanks to everyone who reads it. The feedback I get keeps me going. Please use any of the comment buttons!

Every year for as long as we have been married, Michael takes a very long look back at the end of each year. He asks himself if he has learned anything, did he hit his goals, if he was a better person, if he could have done more, what he would have changed, has he moved forward and what are his goals for the coming year?

Some years are good and others are not. He is really hard on himself but extremely truthful. He often does not even share his self-assessment with others or me but this year I learned one of his goals: He has begun to look at the "Blues Bible" again and the guitar/amp is within easy reach.

He has taught me to not be competitive with anyone, to set our goals together and to keep blinders on. We move forward together and at our own pace. We push each other. We drag the other forward.

He has taught me to wish for other people’s successes, support them through their disappointments and really mean it in my heart.

As I review 2009, life has become very small/simple for me. I am grateful to be alive and functioning. I have learned to appreciate stability. I am just thankful that I had a really healthy year.

Next: Five Years Fly By

2 comments:

Jill said...

WOW! We have polar opposite husbands, no self-assessments around here! But I do think we are grateful for what we have, especially our friends! wink :)

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh out loud! THANKS!