Saturday, January 16, 2010

Too Private

I have been very careful whom I tell about this blog. It is so personal and I am just too much of a private person to feel comfortable sharing it with one and all.

One person I told was the front desk check-in person at the other rehab. She is young but has social acuity that belies her age. She is interested in people and has an amazing memory. I really liked her. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. She just left the job to join her boyfriend in LA and to continue her education. I miss her so much! XOXO

Another young exercise physiologist in the rehab class has also been given my blog information. Without a cable connection at home, she was having problems accessing it. During our Christmas luncheon when I ordered chili, she asked if I was going to have a root beer with that. Ha-Ha! She had read it! Loved it!!

After talking with his mom on the phone, Michael told me that she would probably love to know about and read my blog. Yikes! No! I told him the only person in our family who I would allow to know about it would be my niece. At Thanksgiving, I gave her the URL with the understanding that she wouldn’t share it with her mom. It wasn’t until after Christmas when she began to read it.

I hope she doesn’t mine me quoting her:
I just finished reading all of October. I wish I could give you a hug right now!! I've always been scared of what everything you've been diagnosed with actually means; I admit that I've been duped to think it wasn't all "that" bad based on your stellar attitude. I mean, we've talked. But, not like what I'm reading in your blog. You're so strong. And although I've always looked up to you as my super-fun loving aunt -- I look up to you even more having read all that you're going through. Thank you so much for allowing me to read your blog. I'm hoping to get through November tomorrow. I love you!

That alone has made this all worthwhile.

Next: I’m Baaaack

No comments: