Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back to Rehab

During vacations or periods of doctor’s appointments or relative’s visits, I may miss a block of rehab time. This is not a good thing. I notice that my ankles and feet begin to swell and my muscles begin to lose definition in just a short period of time.

When I return, the rehab nurses reduce my time and levels on each apparatus. It takes weeks to work back up to the level I was before the break in my routine.

It is not fun going back for the first week. My muscles are tight and become sore afterwards. I need naps again after working out.

It is a struggle to return and I just want to forget fighting back once again. But, at this point, I see rehab as my job. I have to go. Also, people are expecting me.

After a week of working out in rehab, my legs are better, my muscles are defined and I feel so strong. I have to remember that as I fight to make myself begin once again.

Next: Job Description

No comments: