Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Clueless

Mary phoned after she got home from her visit with us earlier in the month. She had spent the final two days with the twin and his family. During our conversation, she was concerned that she might have over-stepped her bounds by saying something to him.

While they were at the movies waiting for it to begin, the twin asked her how I was doing. She told him. Truthfully. He replied, “But she is getting better?”

She replied, “She is never going to get better.”

I thanked her for telling him the truth.

I was shocked that he didn’t get it. After all this time with Michael sharing all of our appointments and all of our ups and downs with him yet he still thought I was going to recover and be just fine?!?

Duh.

Michael doesn’t want to bring it up in conversation with the twin because he would know his mom shared it with me. He is waiting for the twin to broach the subject. May never happen.

Clueless.

No comments: