Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Did It!


I did it! I actually brought up the issue I wrote about earlier in this blog about our financial situation and the relatives.

It just happened.

On the phone, a relative was telling me how much money they earned last year. I was able to bring up that people think that we are rich because we have never spoken about our financial situation.

I continued: As I was the only earner in the family when I got sick, I mentioned that we lost our income. All of it. We also had lots of additional medical costs along with little income. It has been very difficult.

She responded that she knew I had inherited money from my aunt. I told her that it is invested as I was trying to build some kind of income and it was not even a lot of money. They all assumed I was rich. She was shocked.

I was able to set the record straight.

It felt really great.

Next: Happy Valentine’s Day

No comments: