Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Happens































When Michael’s mom was here, we had such interesting conversations.

I asked her who knows her best?

Who understands her? Who never needs an explanation of her decisions or behavior?

She has a wonderful older sister in Illinois who she talks with at least twice day. Cell phones: the accessory of the geriatric set. Mary said that this sister is the person who truly knows her.

While she was here, we talked a lot. She looked at me at one point and said, “We have known each other a long time.” So true. Almost 40 years.

About two weeks after she left us, she was staying at her brother's house with two of her sisters for a few days. I got a phone call from her late one afternoon.

“I want you to know that you know me better than anyone.”

Wow.

No comments: