Friday, March 5, 2010

More Research












So after I wrote yesterday’s blog, I got a call at 7:40 PM that evening. There had been an emergency and she had been in clinics all day. Hmmmm. Anyway, she wanted to do the interview today at 10:00.

My confidence was not high. How good is the research going to be when they can’t get their act together for an interview?

So, she called at 9:45 this morning, put me on hold for five minutes then did the interview. It was the same type of questions the Workmen’s Comp Insurance lawyer asked me during the depositions. If fact, had the case not been settled, I would not have continued the interview.

She asked about different possible exposures in my workplace, home and neighborhood: down pillows or quilts, animal pets, hobbies, birds, fountains, water leaks, hot tubs, gyms, level of pain, emotional issues, type of bed, level of activity, stairs, pollution, mold.

She asked if I was interested in an additional interview in my home. I asked if it included a home inspection. If so, I will decline.

The research is in correlation with the US National Institute of Environmental Science to try to discover environmental issues as they relate to health issues.

No comments: