Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More Thoughts














I have been thinking so much about Michael’s mom’s visit last month. We talked about so many things and I learned so much from her.

I learned that her oldest daughter is tough on her. Really critical. Mary collapses when being criticized. Later, talking with Michael about their relationship, he said that it has always been that way as far back as he can remember.

I learned that the twin talks to her about twice a year, never returns her phone calls, and his wife has no relationship with her at all.

I learned that her other daughter, who we visited on our trip, calls maybe once a month. Her daughter, though, has lots of contact with Mary and they have a great relationship.

I learned that the youngest son who lives with her has deep emotional issues. She knows it. She knows the causes.

I learned that Michael is very dear to her. He phones her about every two weeks just to chat. No problems. No whining. Just a nice conversation, which makes her laugh.

I learned that she feels closer to us than anyone in the family.

I was shocked. I had no idea.

No comments: