Monday, April 19, 2010

Bad/Good Food day




Bad. I was really bad. Since our trip through the South last May, we have searched throughout the Bay Area for good, authentic BBQ. None could be had.

Last week, Michael was taken to lunch to a BBQ place and he came home with tales of pulled pork sandwiches and baked beans. (He didn’t eat much dinner that night!) There also was a rumor of amazing mac and cheese (with bacon!) and great cole slaw. His eyes lit up and he spoke about the food in hushed tones.

Okay, I give in. GET ME SOME OF THAT BBQ.

Saturday, he was over the hill and arrived home with: NO RIBS! They were out. Can you believe that?!? So, we had some pulled pork (no bread), the best beans I have had since Texas and a hot link. It was the best BBQ we have found since returning from our trip in May. It was enough for two nights of dinners and only around $20.00.

As I had worked in the yards all day, I was dirty and tired and the BBQ tasted soooo good. I will do extra work at rehab this morning but will still remember and dream about our BBQ.

No comments: