Friday, April 30, 2010

Blogs I Read

















Reading other blogs gave me the confidence to begin to believe I was capable of actually writing one. I thought I would share some that I read every day.

Gathering this list, I realized that I am drawn to these blogs because they are people who are trying to create normal lives through adversity. I have learned so much from all of these strong women. I hope you enjoy reading about my heroes. They give me confidence and keep my spirits positive as I head into the world each day.

1. http://lesliekamm.blogspot.com/

Leslie is a mom who received the shocking news that her soldier son was dramatically injured in an attack in Afghanistan on May 31, 2008. What they have been through is overwhelming. As a mom, I ache for her.

2. http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

Nienie is a woman who was in a plane accident with her husband and their friend. The friend died in the crash, her husband made it out of the plane thinking she was right behind him. She was stuck and on fire. She has extensive burns. Her husband rushed back into the plane to rescue her thus burns to his hands and face. She writes about her family and the issues around being a wife and mother of four small children with such debilitating burns. She is very honest. You may have seen her as she recently appeared on Oprah.

3. http://moriahbettencourt.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Moriah is the mother of a son born with CHARGE syndrome and he is at the far end of the spectrum. I met him as a baby and thought, along with the doctors, that he would probably not live long. They said he would not talk or walk or be anything. Ha! He is one amazing kid who is now a teenager. He has even more amazing parents.

No comments: