Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Day Off

I played hooky from rehab Friday. I paid a penance for it by working in the yards for hours on Saturday.

I did have fun, though. I met my friend from the school. We became friends when both of her children were in the elite music program at the school before she began to volunteer in the classroom. That turned into a job, which turned into a more important job, which turned into her current job. In the process, she and her husband divorced. Her kids are adults now living on the other side of the country.

With her family on the east coast and her children near them, she is considering leaving the area to retire closer to them. It is also stunning to learn about the beautiful houses she could afford after selling her California real estate. It is so tempting for her.

I loved being with her. We talked about her family, her kids, the school and just pure gossip. I get that so rarely these days. We also had amazing Japanese food and I didn’t get home until 4:30!

A big day for me.

No comments: