Sunday, May 9, 2010

Concert Review












Happy Mother’s Day!

I hope that each of you is able to enjoy the day with your mom or have lovely memories of your mom. My son is out of the country on tour so I may hear from him via e-mail. Michael’s mom is here with us this year. What a treat!

The concert came off really well. We arrived early – what a surprise! –so Mary and Michael were able to claim good seats before the doors were opened to the public. The hall was packed and the concert started a bit late as they were trying to seat everyone. Nice.

We played some pieces the best we had ever played them. I was not 100% as I am exhausted but I did just fine.

I thought the highlight of the evening was the presentation of the scholarships from the orchestra to three music students from the community. One student was presented money to buy a trombone; one violin student was given a scholarship to a summer music camp and the last one awarded brought tears to my eyes.

It was presented to a young girl who played piano every week at the local convalescent home/hospital for the patients. Her scholarship application asked for money to tune and work on the piano so that she would play better for the patients. What a wonderful young woman.

My best to all Mothers on this special day.

No comments: