Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Visit with My Favorite Doctor - Dr. K.













Example of good lungs. Perfect lungs. Normal lungs.

I had an appointment with Dr. K. yesterday. The long drive up is always so stressful though I arrived very early. An ILD Meeting was also taking place elsewhere on the campus at the same time as my appointment.

Presenting her with a list of all the things I am doing so differently this year, she was thrilled that my health has improved so dramatically. I did warn her that I was not in the best of shape at the moment due to the concert and Mary's visit.

She is arranging for me to have a high definition CT Scan, full pulmonary function tests and an appointment with her to happen all in one day as soon as possible. It probably will happen sometime in early June.

After listening to my lungs, she said that they are the clearest she has ever heard them and the crackle when I had inhaled the coffee almost two years ago is no longer there. She was stunned.

Changes are happening and they are good changes.

I ran across the street to catch most of the ILD meeting. I didn’t learn a whole lot but was happy to be there as the people were really wonderful. One was a man waiting for a heart/lung transplant. He said that they are rare these days as heart patients needs come first on the list. Hard to get them both. Not like the old days. Learning that reminded me to go to rehab today. Have to keep my good heart!

Left the hospital at 3:30 and got home after 4:00. I was tired but so happy with my progress that I had a hard time falling asleep!

No comments: