Sunday, June 13, 2010

Frances
















The hardest part of having friends who are much older than I am is that they will eventually pass away before I do. Another of my dear older friends, Frances from the other rehab, died after a fall.

She was lovely.

One day, I remarked that her rings were beautiful. She thanked me then told me she had bought them herself. She had never married but wanted some fancy diamond wedding rings. I later learned that she had been married twice. She was just a bit forgetful!

Earlier, she had noticed that I read while working out and brought me some of her books: Romance Novels. Oh my. I accepted them with thanks then dropped them off in the surgery waiting room as I left the hospital.

She was such a nice lady and I am so grateful that she passed through my life. I will miss her.

No comments: