Monday, June 14, 2010

The Great Wall

The out-of-control fence project is moving along. All the bushes and fences have been removed. We feel like we are living in a fish bowl, as we also don’t have any draperies so it has really been an adventure getting dressed in the morning.

It has taken another week of ivy removal in the neighbor’s yard and some bushes trimmed in Ron’s yard to prepare for the building of the fence. The wood was delivered on Friday and finally, the building had begun on Saturday.

The weather on the weekend was hot and I noticed Dave was moving slowly because of the extraordinary heat. I don’t want any heart attacks!

One fence panel was made and that will be the pattern for the rest of the fence. It is huge! Maybe a little too tall but I like it. Michael is not so sure.

I was so touched on Thursday when the three workers working in our yard and the neighbor’s yards, whom we have supplied drinks and special food to all week, knocked on my door to tell me they were going to cut my grass as a thank you. I was so touched. It was the best gift they could have ever given to me. So instead of spending the day working in the garden on Saturday, I was able to water and just do a bit of trimming. So sweet. So thoughtful of them.

No comments: