Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Smoke Some Dope, Man











On the news last weekend was a story about the city of LA trying to gain control of the huge number of Cannabis Clubs – Medical Marijuana Clinics. Apparently, there are over 500 of them causing lots of different problems. Trying to regulate them has been a challenge.

It has been rather interesting to me that when some people discover that I am ill, they suggest I smoke some marijuana. Do they think it is really bright to put smoke of any kind into sick lungs? When I mention that I don’t believe that medical marijuana is necessary as the active ingredient in marijuana is available in a pill form, they scoff and say it is just not the same, man.

What is a bit of a shock is the type people who make these suggestions. They are not your typical “pot heads.” Maybe marijuana usage is more mainstream than I know.

No comments: