Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lovely Remarks












When I get feedback from this blog it pushes me to continue, it makes my day, week, and month. It makes my heart sing. I had one of those moments earlier this month.

The other bass player in the orchestra introduced me to a woman in the Midwest via Facebook. She is several years post lung transplants and doing very well. I thought it would be easier for her to learn about my disease and how we are dealing with it if I let her read the blog. I took the chance. It’s always scary to open up my life to strangers.

I just got this from her over a week ago:

Hi! Just didn't want you to think I forgot about you! I am about half way thru your blog and I am so amazed. You truly have a gift for putting words to the many feelings that we go thru. My transplant friends and I often talk about how we can just look at each other and know. We were there together, watched each other struggle, sometimes fail, and celebrate when a hurdle was passed. You have that gift of communicating that is so very wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. You put into words a lot of things for me that I couldn't. I think I love you!!! Take care and give my best to your wonderful family.

I can’t tell you how much this e-mail means to me. It gives me an added boost to blog, to be as honest as possible and to continue to put one foot in front of the other to always move forward.

My love to you and your family, Dianne.

No comments: