Friday, July 2, 2010

Young Frankenstein














My friend Christien and I went to dinner then saw the musical “Young Frankenstein” in the city last night. Girl’s night out!

I love Mel Brooks. I loved “The Producers” and “History of the World, Part I” or any movie he ever made. Silly. That is how I describe Mel Brooks.

We met at the hospital so I could leave my car in a safe place then drove into the city for a quick shopping and dinner adventure before the performance. The area was near 5th Street. Very nice. Very fancy. Fine.

The theater is one long block south on 6th Street, which is the worst area of this city. Bad. Really bad. Scary bad. We walked quickly. I forgot to bring oxygen so I was very out of breath.

Crowds are always a challenge for me. If someone with a cold has theater tickets, they still go to the theater. Therefore, there always seems to be someone coughing, sneezing or blowing a nose right behind me. I always break out my mask. I still am not 100% recovered from my last cold. My immune system is so vulnerable to another attack. Last night, there was no one right behind us but four seats in either direction were people coughing their brains out.

It was a fantastic musical. I will never again hear “Puttin' on the Ritz” without a giggle. Ever. A fun night out at the theater.

I got home around midnight and have rehab this morning. I think there also might be time for a needed nap.

No comments: