Thursday, August 5, 2010

Foodie


I have modified my diet to include whole grains and some dairy. Someone asked me what I eat on a normal day. Breakfast is either yogurt with nuts or cereal (Kashi Go Lean) with nuts or egg whites with ¼ of an avocado. I try to have some fruit like grapes or melon or berries as well.

Lunch is usually whole wheat bread or wheat tortilla or wheat pita with tuna, or chicken, or gardenburger with avocado, onion, tomato and lettuce. Often I have some greens or veggies with lunch.

Dinner is protein with veggies and sometimes brown rice or whole-wheat pasta with pesto or olives, or oils, or nuts. Example: 3 oz. of flank steak with ½ of an heirloom tomato drizzled with a bit of olive oil with sliced onions and capers.

I eat small portions as I find that if I eat too much, I am out of breath and very uncomfortable. Just not worth the pain.

When we go out to dinner, we always take half of the portion home or share a meal. We have turned into all the old couples we have watched through the years except we talk to each other! And we still have all our teeth!

No comments: