Saturday, September 11, 2010

Maybe, Just Maybe

It maybe changing. I suddenly noticed last week that I don’t seem to be pushing myself to do simple tasks anymore. This has been a problem since May. May. The month I totally over-did everything: concert dress rehearsal, investigating independent living places for mom, Mary’s visit and the orchestra concert. Just too much.

I have been pushing myself to make the bed every morning, to get my makeup on and do my hair, to get dressed, to go to rehab, to stay awake past 7:00, to make dinner, to drive anywhere, to leave the house. Adjust and move on. That is the motto. So, that is what I have been doing. I did pull way back on my schedule but still felt no relief.

I was worried that this feeling of exhaustion, helplessness and just not breathing well was going to be the new normal.

But now I think I am beginning to get my energy back.

One foot in front of the other. Baby steps.

No comments: