Monday, October 4, 2010

365 Days

Today marks the end of the first year of this blog. In the beginning, I wanting to explain what happened to me, how I was diagnosed and how we discovered the cause. I also wanted to expose the horrible process that disabled people have to go through while their lives dramatically changes forever physically, emotionally and financially.

But mostly, I wanted to write about how Michael and I got through the process together using lots of humor and with a continued commitment to each other.

As the writing process proceeded, it grew to include more. I began to look backwards and forwards. I realized that my yet-to-be-born grandchildren and great-grandchildren might read this blog well after I am dead. I wanted to write about our relatives. I wanted to explain so much.

Reading back through the year, I like the flow of it. Some blogs are a bit lame but in general, I am proud of what has been written.

I am told that I can have the entire blog printed and bound. I think I will do that. It will be found when I am gone.

Going forward, I may not write everyday. I want to see how things play out before commenting. It will make it more interesting then a day-by-day updates and thoughts.

It has been an amazing year of learning for me as well as a very cathartic exercise. Thank you so much, dear reader, for being a part of this blog.

No comments: