Sunday, October 24, 2010

Adjust and Keep Moving Forward

The other rehab has been on the 6th floor of a hospital with spectacular views out of most of the windows. Another view we have been watching is the building of the new hospital right next door. It is huge and gorgeous. A photo of the new hospital is below.

The bad news is that there will be no gym or cardiac rehab in the new hospital.
What?!?

Yes, dear reader, you read that correctly.

There was outrage and finally it was announced that a new gym/rehab center would be in a small separate building an uphill block away – with no parking available. Interesting. It will be a huge challenge just getting there.

My final day in the old gym was last Wednesday. The old hospital will be torn down in a few months to make room for a new much needed parking structure. It is sad walking though it as all the sign and plaques have been removed. It is feeling ghostlike. Empty. Hallow. Sad.

I will visit the new rehab building for the first time next Wednesday. I hear many people are so upset about the new space that they have moved to other rehab programs in the area.

I am just grateful to have somewhere to workout with nurses in attendance in case I have problems.

So, once again I remind myself of my personal motto:  Adjust and keep moving forward – without whining!

No comments: