Thursday, October 14, 2010

Living Well with a Fatal Diagnosis



If you are a person who has been diagnosed with a fatal disease and you are trying to get your head around it, this is the blog for you. Welcome. I have a fatal illness and am determined to live well and die well with dignity and grace.

I have been thinking about changing the title of this blog. As I reviewed the searches and hits the blog registered, people are looking for information regarding a misdiagnosis. What I had meant by a bad diagnosis is actually a fatal diagnosis.

If you are a person who is dealing with a misdiagnosis, you still might find this blog interesting. I, too, was misdiagnosed for several months.

For both groups, please begin at the beginning of the blog. The introduction. It will flow. There is a ton of information within this blog that may help you on your journey.

My best to you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. I was diagnosed with IPF in 2008. If you think your Doc K was cold, my Doc said, "You've got a terminal disease. There's nothing I can do for you. Good-bye!" Talk about "bed-side manner!" Doesn't really matter though. In the end, we all have to deal with it ourselves anyway.

Anonymous said...

The first resident who told tried to tell me what I had and how sick I was, could not even look me in the eyes. I didn't understand much of his explanation but I knew it wasn't good. Doctors.

How are you doing with your IPF?