Friday, October 29, 2010

School Parents Sudden Reunions

I worked at the school where I got sick for almost 16 years. I knew a lot of kids during that period. I knew a lot of families. The past several days, I have run into several former parents from the school.

It was uncomfortable. They loved the school, as I did, and paid a huge amount of money there for their children’s education. They don’t really want to hear anything bad about it.

But, they asked how I am feeling.

What do I say?

So, I made it clear that I am very ill, that it is fatal and that I won a large settlement in the Workmen’s Comp lawsuit. They were shocked. They never knew what happened to me. There were rumors and one mom just told me that when people asked the Head about me, they were told that she could not discuss it.

One child said they were told I had cancer.

There was never a goodbye. There was no letter home to the families. I just disappeared.

It is just so odd that suddenly I am facing these parents for the first time who are still in contact with the other parents from the school. Maybe the truth of what happened to me will finally be exposed. If you are new to the blog, read the blogs posted in October 2009 for the full story. It is an amazing tale.

The school – Head and Board of Directors – should be ashamed of themselves.

No comments: