Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Winnie and William


Winnie, my almost 4-year old friend, has never believed that I am a mother. “Whose mother are you?” she would ask.

After telling her about William, she would walk into his room and ask where he was hiding. When I explained that he was older and as tall as her father, she would give me a look that made it clear she did not believe he truly existed.

She finally was going to met him.

In the car on the way to our house, Natalie told her that William was visiting. She responded, “Oh, I have been wanting to meet him.”

She walked right up to him, looked him up and down then asked him why he is an adult. She thought he was going to be her age! 

She warmed right up to him and was her normal precocious self. She even sang a few songs for him. Quite cute and funny.

So, William and Winnie met. At long last.

2 comments:

Rick Blaine said...

Hi. We're in the same ILD program. If you want to contact me, you can through my gmail address. I probably won't be at the next group meeting because I will probably be out-of-town. Regards, "Fellow Traveler"

Anonymous said...

Love to have a chat. Sorry you won't be at the next meeting and am very jealous you can travel. No plane, trains or ships for me. Hope you have a wonderful time.