Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keep it Simple

Years ago, I tended to worry way too much. If x happened, I worried about all of the possible and impossible ramifications. I worried about y, z then back to a. Too much. Being ill, I worried so much about the future. The “what ifs” haunted me.
Though the years, Michael would look at me, shake his head and say, “Just keep it simple.” It has been a running theme throughout our marriage.

As I am making my huge Christmas dinner and gift buying plans, he reminds me to keep it simple. I have learned through the years that it is true. The simpler the better.

The running theme through my head as I live with a bad diagnosis is to “adjust and move on.” Adjust for the disease but keep active in life. It has helped me stay positive though I sometimes feel like a prizefighter ducking and weaving.

So as I face the holidays, I will remind myself to keep it simple, adjust for the disease but keep moving forward.

Good plan.

No comments: