Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time Marker



Yes, it is my birthday today. I am 57-years old as of 5:05PM. 
I have not been looking forward to this specific year since I was young.

My maternal grandmother was a Scorpio. It is believed that when a Scorpio dies, another is born in the family within a year before after the death. I was born five months before she died. I have always felt an odd connection to her.

Grandma had horrible allergies to almost everything from food to the environment to medicines. She was very allergic to penicillin. She was not feeling well and a doctor gave her a lethal shot of penicillin. It killed her quickly. 
She was 57-years old.

When I was younger, I used to think that she was old anyway. Shocking! I am now the age she was when she died. So young! I asked my mom if she thought a lot about her mom when she turned fifty-seven. She said she thought about her all year. 
I think I will, too.

No comments: