Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Movies


 We begin the month-long climb to Christmas. As part of the process every year, I have to see certain movies at the beginning of the season to get into the spirit: Home Alone, Christmas Story, White Christmas, Love Actually. The big four.

I cry every time the granddaughter is reunited with the old scary neighbor in Home Alone, laugh my brains out through Christmas Story, sing along with White Christmas and love how all the stories come together in Love Actually.

I guarantee that one of these is playing while I am cooking or baking or cleaning or ironing or puttering on Saturdays. When I have had enough of these, the wonderful people on the Hallmark Channel, Lifetime and ABC Family Channel have holiday movies ALL MONTH long. Every night. Yahoo! Yes, some are cheesy. Okay, they all are a bit cheesy. But they are wonderful.

It is that inner glow of the excitement of the holidays that I love. The anticipation of all that the season has to offer that I so look forward to every year. It is the thrill of having the house full of people, a fire in the fireplace, the two Christmas trees, and good food on the table. All feels right with the world.

So as others look at as holiday madness, I look forward to it with almost childish delight.

No comments: