Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just a Little White Lie


I did it. I lied to William.

He and Kimberly are coming to stay with us a week at Christmas and I had a brilliant idea. I wanted to buy him an iPad as his present and blow him away. The problem is I didn’t know if he wanted one or already had bought one.

The con was on. I phoned and told him I needed advice. Said I was thinking about buying an iPad for his dad. What did he think of them?

I learned that he had never touched one though he said the woman he was on tour with had one that never left her side. He mentioned that he would not get the 3G and was thinking of buying one before the big tour with the big group in March. He said he would mostly use it for movies or books.

YEAH! He wanted one. I told him not to buy one until he played with his dad’s on Christmas.

So, I think he was telling me is that he was going to wait for the new ones coming out in February. Heading to the Apple Store, I bought the black folder for the iPad. For his present, we will slip the money in cash into the folder with a note to buy the one he wants now or wait until the new model comes out next year. His choice.

Ha! Won’t he be surprised when he opens it up on Christmas Day and realizes that his old mother can still surprise him!

No comments: