Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Make Someone Happy

I married a Virgo. Michael is very neat and organized and hates clutter. I think I could have gone either way. I had very good potential of being a total slob.

How neat is he? He painted our garage floor. Enough said.

So dealing with all the drama of my illness, I didn't want him to dread coming home to a sick, depressed, whining wife. I have tried to do things that would make him happy and feel good about walking through the door at night. Surprises. 

I always have the house picked up. If it is dark when he gets home, I have lights on in our bedroom when he goes to clean up before dinner. He comments how beautiful the room looks and how the bed is so inviting. I am shocked to discover how many people don’t make their bed in the morning.

With my anti-inflammatory diet, I cook food from scratch and try to use the best and freshest ingredients. There is always a healthful home cooked meal waiting for him.

He has a lot of pressure on his shoulders. He is the caretaker of me. He is responsible for my care as I continue to deplete. I try to make it as easy on him as possible.

A little of his favorite ice cream in the freezer helps a bit, too.

No comments: