Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Santa Magic

Feeling a little down? Feeling too sick to do much? Sad? I have a quick happy thing to do that will help.

I promise.

I was at the mall and spotted Santa from my second floor perch. I looked down on Santa’s village with all the elves and the line of children and parents waiting for their visit with the big man himself.

Santa focused on nothing other than the child coming to sit on his lap. There was no sense of being rushed. Once there, each child seemed to be engaged in a full conversation with Santa. They nodded and listened to each other. Every child.  Even the most scared child was somehow charmed by him. There were no children crying on this Santa’s lap. He was magicial.

I must have stood there for 20 minutes watching the children share their list with Santa, each hopped off his lap then turned to wave or just smile at him. He really was special. I was totally caught up in the magic.

Then it happened. He looked up. I gave a small wave. He gave me a huge smile and a big wave. It made me smile all day.

So, go to your closest mall and watch the joy and magic as the children have their time with Santa. It will make you smile, too.

No comments: