Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bored

I am bored. It has been a very slow few weeks with just rehab to keep me  busy. The gardens are still in their winter mode and don’t need me every week. Orchestra is winding up to the concert a week from today, friends are busy after the holidays, Michael is working long hours and I am spending a lot of time alone.

I look back to the end of last year when I was so busy and praying for a few days with nothing to do. Funny how life works. Maybe I should appreciate this time alone. Maybe I should arrange the shoes on the bottom of my closet. Maybe I should trim our Burmese Trumpet Vine that is growing like a weed. Maybe I should scour new recipes for my diet to keep it new and fresh.

Why don’t I feel like doing any of it?

Bored.

Time to change. I am planning on working in the gardens all day today. That always gives me energy and a sense of accomplishment. That may spur a quick rustle in the closet and new food on the table.

Then I will be bored no more!

No comments: