Friday, January 14, 2011

Sherman at 86

We celebrated Sherman’s 86th birthday at the rehab class on Tuesday. Who would ever guess that my dearest friend is 86-years old? I told him that we are beginning to plan for his 90th! He keeps commenting that he could go at any moment. Ha! I don’t think so. He is very healthy except for his lungs.

Dick and I planned a gift. As you may remember, Sherman loves his Martinis. Gin Martinis. Michael contacted a knowledgeable person who recommended a special gin. It is Hendrick’s Gin made in Scotland in small batches. It is supposed to be delicious.

I arrived an hour early and both Dick and Sherman were already in the lobby of the hospital. We had a small celebration – just the three of us – and Sherman took his new bottle of gin to the car “for safe keeping.” His eyes were bright when he told me that he had heard of Hendrick’s but had never tried it. Perfect!

At rehab yesterday, he said he was saving it for today, which is his actual birthday. He was so touched that we gave him a present.

Happy Birthday, my dear friend.

No comments: