Friday, February 4, 2011

Garden in January

Usually, January gardens are very quiet but we had a very mild winter. It was in the 70’s most of the month and the plants are “confused.” Some have flowers that shouldn’t. Others are popping up from the earth too early.

As I have not really done any extensive work in the garden since mid-December, it was time for a good cleaning and trimming.

It took two days. The front yard was very much in need and I filled the recycle bin almost to the top. It looked so manicured and spotless when I finished. The next morning, I headed to the new back yard. It was a lot less work but I needed to really hack back the Burmese Trumpet Vine and the rosemary hedge. Weeds needed pulling but it was in pretty good shape.

The following day, I did not move from the couch as every muscle hurt, especially from bending at my waist to weed. Oh, the legs!

It felt great. It looked great. The rain watered it all in within an hour of finishing the whole project. Perfect. Done.

No comments: