Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Blogging Stats

When I started this blog in 2008, I thought I would feel like it was worthwhile if I had ten people who followed it. I also felt like I was just flinging the information out into the great void of the Internet. It wasn’t until July of 2010 that the server began to keep track of the number of hits to my site. I was shocked.

Not only did I get the stats of the number of hits but I was able to see that I was being read in dozens of countries all over the world! Stunning.

What I was even more surprised to learn is that many people just drop into a specific blog topic and not get into the whole story. Kind of made me sad as I feel that the first full year is packed with such good information about living well with a bad diagnosis though it may not be clear by the title of that blog.

What has become clear is that the blog has become more and more popular and January was the peak since the stats have been compiled.

In July, there were 491 hits and October there were 439 hits. But then, something happened. December was the most I have ever had then January happened. I had 1,082 hits to this blog that month. A record. Amazing.

I am humbled. I am pleased. I hope I have offered valuable information. I hope it is interesting.

My thanks to all of you.

No comments: