Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Doctor

A pound of fat.
Another new doctor on my seemingly endless list! The nutritionist, Mr. B. had recommended Dr. M-J to me. In order to see the nutritionist, the program includes a doctor to oversee the weight loss and other possible medical problems that might arise during the process.

This doctor is less conservative than most and he felt that she would agree to the three-month liquid diet weight reduction program for me. As we are leaving for almost a month for Lauren’s wedding, I want to start the program when we return from the road trip.

We met yesterday morning.  She was absolutely marvelous. It was love at first sight! I was an hour early, of course, and she was 30-minutes early we met early! My kind of woman!

We sat and went through all my medications, family history, hospitalizations and surgeries, and medical issues. I have all of these documents saved on my computer and always bring a copy of the medications with me to every doctor appointment.

She listened to my heart and lungs then gave Mr. B. written permission for me to begin the 3-month liquid fast on my date of choice. She also told me that I may be too focused on the numbers on the scale and my body may not ever get as light as I wish. She said that it will be an adventure for the both of us to see where my prednisone and post-menopausal body wants to stay and be happy.

What I do know is that it is going to be a hard fought battle for every pound. I am up for the fight.

No comments: