Sunday, February 27, 2011

No Unfinished Business


Michael and I were talking this morning when we stumbled upon the realization that we have taken care of the dangling threads of our lives and we have changed so much since my bad diagnosis.

We now live a very simple, inexpensive lifestyle. 

We now have honest conversations with everyone about my future. 

We now make sure that the relationships with our family and friends are solid. 

We have had all the important conversations between the two of us.

We have no baggage or unfinished business. Everything is settled. If I were to die tomorrow, nothing has been left unsaid. It is a very freeing feeling. The hard work has been done. 

The foundation for the rest of my life has been laid.

Funny how given a bad diagnosis somehow enhances a life.

No comments: