Friday, February 25, 2011

Suggested Research Project


I have an idea for a research project. After talking with several other women struggling with weight issues, I have discovered that we all have something in common.

We never feel full. 

We are always hungry.

In the past, I could eat a whole pizza all by myself but I realized that the proper thing to do was to have two or three pieces. It didn’t make me feel full. I could eat a Thanksgiving dinner and not feel stuffed. After a big dinner out, Michael would awaken in the morning and say that he still full from the night before.

I never felt that.

How can a person possibly stay thin if they are always hungry? Or, never full.

Something happened when I had the Nissen Fundopliation. Suddenly, I could not eat very much food. Suddenly, I felt and hated the feeling of being full. It was painful. I was still feeling full the morning after eating dinner out even having less food.

New feelings. Different. 

What is it that made the difference? The Nissen involves taking the top part of the stomach and wrapping it around the esophagus to stop acid reflux and its fumes from flowing back up into my damaged lungs. Is there a hormone or something that no longer gives my brain the constant desire for food?

What triggered this change? 

Find this, my friends, and a treatment for obesity could be discovered.

No comments: