Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crossing a Major Threshold

Tuesday’s horoscope:

SCORPIO October 23-November 20
The Full Moon in Scorpio shows you crossing a major threshold. Perhaps the biggest surprise is in how easy this turned out to be.

I paused after reading this. It was so true. Since the issue with Michael’s twin, I have struggled with my weight. I could go into the personal and psychological reasons for this, but I won’t bore you, dear reader. It is just the fact.

Weight issues are about so much more than just the weight. So much other baggage is tied to it. I have been very careful with my diet through the years after my diagnosis but I was never able to lose the big weight. After working with the nutritionist, Mr. B., he gave me the tools and I guess I was just ready. I was ready to begin to shed the protective layers.

Once the process began, it was rather easy. I never felt like I was hungry or being punished. Now, with the liquid diet, I flew through each group of ten pounds in weeks in what would normally take months. Let me be clear, it is not easy. It is not very tasty. I am trying not to gag while drinking it.

But, it pushed me over a major threshold, just like the horoscope said. I now have reached the maximum BMI to begin the process to be qualified for lung transplants.

What a threshold!

No comments: