Monday, May 23, 2011

Days Later

So after the hearing the news that I would need lung transplants sooner than expected, we have yet to tell many people. I must tell my family soon.

On Friday, I ran into our next door neighbor Ron. After chatting, I told him. He was the first. I was able to do it without crying. On Saturday while working in the garden, Vicky strolled over from across the street. After we talked for a bit, I told her, too. It was becoming easier to say the words without tears.

Also on Friday, Michael was only able to share the bad news with his boss and the twin. He had a hard time keeping his emotions under control. I told him that I discovered that actually talking about it made it somehow easier. On Sunday, he was able to tell his best friend Wayne without tears.

Mentally, I am preparing to tell my mom. Once that is over, I think I will be able to not feel so much stressed about it.

On this Thursday morning from 8:30 to noon, we will be at the Heart and Lung Transplant Clinic at my university hospital to have the entire process laid out for us. I am craving information.

So, the lists begin. Funny, but the first thing I want to do is write my obituary. I also need to set up the filing system to make everything very clear for Michael and William. That is going to be a lot of work. I also want to prepare an e-mail to send to the Head of the school where I got sick to be sent just as I am going into the hospital for the transplants. I also want to send an e-mail at the same time to our wonderful Workmen's Comp lawyer with our thanks.

With all that on my brain, I am heading to rehab this morning then to a fabric store. Winnie's brother Oliver is going to celebrate his 1st birthday the first weekend in May. I made a quilt for her when she was little but never made one for Oliver. It is time.

No comments: