Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rudely Disabled

I met a very nasty older disabled woman. It was not a nice meeting. We had pulled into a McDonalds in a town in Southern Utah on our way to Las Vegas. Michael ordered his coffee and a biscuit while I had an ice tea.

We had noticed an older couple when they pull into the disabled parking spot next to us. It was closer to the door. Michael smiled to the gentleman and said, “I saved the closer spot for you.” The guy just glared.

After we got our order, they sat rather close to us. As Michael was finishing, I headed to the bathroom. I usually like to use the stall marked for the disabled because I am always concerned about germs. I have found that they are usually cleaner because they are used less than the other stalls.

So, there I sat. Going. When suddenly someone banged with their fist on the door of my stall three times. Bang, bang, bang. “Just a minute!” I said.

As I came out of the stall, guess who was glaring at me as she was standing next to an empty stall. Yes, it was her and she was not happy that someone else would dare use HER disability stall. “There you go,” I said as I left the stall.

She never said a word.

Weird. 

No comments: