Thursday, May 12, 2011

Liquid Diet First Weigh-In

What a day! Yesterday, I did a lot around the house then headed to the city to see the nutritionist, Mr. B. I always get a bit nervous having to drive the 60 miles round trip into lots of traffic and some parking drama. I found a parking spot on the first pass so that was a good sign!

I also arrived an hour early but he took me back into the room after just 30 minutes. We talked. Yes, I am losing my hair, my skin is dry, the food is not very good, my energy is up not down, my oxygen saturation rates are up during rehab and I am never hungry.

Then, the weigh in.

Drum roll, please. 

I lost 8.5 pounds in two weeks. Huge. Amazing.

This along with the 25 pounds I have already lost since Christmas brings me to a grand total of a 33.5 pounds.

GONE.

Forever.

On Monday, I head back to the same office to meet with the doctor assigned to me. Blood tests will happen. She will listen to my heart and lungs. Later in the week, I will also be visiting Dr. K., my lung goddess. She will be so surprised when she sees me!

No comments: