Thursday, June 23, 2011

Facebook Connection

Through Facebook, I have reconnected with so many families I knew from the school where I got sick. Yesterday, I added another former student to my friend’s list. His sister was a wonderful and talented student who was part of my first kindergarten class when I was hired in 1991. She is now working in television production in LA.

Her brother was a whole other story.

He was a HUGE kid. His dad was very tall and just a big guy. Under his frame was a very tenderhearted kid. He was picked on then he would strike back then he would be in trouble. He always seemed to be in trouble. But, he was my kind of kid. I liked him. We always connected. I knew him from kindergarten until he graduated then he even would come to visit me while he was in high school.

When I was the head of the lighting and sound for the new theatre at the school, he was part of that small group. He really loved it. I made time for the kids to just play with the equipment as that is how they learned the ins and outs of this very expensive professional equipment. He was exceptional. Later, he ended up running both systems at his high school.

We reconnected on Facebook this week. He is doing really well out in the real world. He looked very happy. It warmed my heart.

No comments: