Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oliver's 1st Birthday





Winnie’s brother turns one this weekend. We were invited to lunch on Saturday to celebrate this first milestone. Michael was not able to be there. Winnie noticed!

The last several weeks, I have been sewing. He is far past being a baby so I wanted to make him a little boy quilt. The pattern is a “Rail Fence” made with a dinosaur motif and denim. I am happy with it. I added two books about dinosaurs for this quickly growing cutie.





Many years ago, I made a “Spider Web” quilt for Winnie when she was just a few months old. It was time for Oliver to have his own quilt.

The party was fun. On Friday, Winnie made the ice cream cone filled cakes at my house. It was a fun way for her to contribute to her brother's big day. We even added dinosaur sprinkles! It was his first taste of sugar and he loved it! Ate every last bite!



A lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments: