Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Different Monday

Such a different day than I am used to having on a Monday. No rehab. Instead, I needed to be home to welcome an electrician to our house to fix the electrical box for the new fountain. He didn’t show up. Ugh! We also need an estimate to install three “shell” sconces in our bedroom. He then promised he would be here Tuesday afternoon.

Winnie was coming for lunch around noon and we were going to cook together. Sloppy Joe’s. I cooked the hamburger ahead so all she had to do was stir in some seasoning, mustard and catsup. Perfect. She is not a meat eater but LOVED it.

Later, she was played a guitar while little brother Oliver danced with himself in a mirror while she sang, “I used to be a human but now I am a robot. Ya, ya, ya.” Hilarious.

We walked to the park around the corner and she confided in me during the walk, “I FINALLY decided who I am going to marry.” She is four-years old.


In the evening, Michael went to Boys Night Out. A bunch of guys met at a restaurant right on the ocean for a Monday night special: A huge bowl of clam chowder, a salad and a beer for $10.00. They sat outside just steps from the ocean under large patio heaters.  It was good for him to hang out with guys. Nice guys.


Not one of our normal days. Rather nice! A day off for fun.

No comments: